Design by Chai Kim Youngjin
OK first you’re being a total dick right now,
Winston was fearless for his first vet exam
she likes carrying around random rags for no reason
Mija can still be a little too enthusiastic when it comes to making frans
when you’re in class and the group of people behind you won’t shut up
Urgent - Please Spotlight:
I regret to tell you that Christina Fonthes - a dear friend and organiser of Rainbow Noir has been held against her will in The Congo - she was on a family holiday with her mother who has decided to have Christina ‘cured’ of her sexuality.
Christina has managed to escape from her aunt’s house and is currently hiding out with a friend. She has access to internet and has been communicating with us via email. The next available flight is 2nd September - 5 days away! Chris needs help and protection from the British Embassy in Congo but her mother has reported her missing and therefore we need to get in contact with both the UK Home Office and UK embassy in Congo to let them know that she is in danger and that her mother is lying/the one endangering her life!!
PLEASE SHARE THIS ON ALL YOUR NETWORKS. CALL, EMAIL, TWEET the British embassy on behalf of Christina - the more we call, the more attention it will bring to her case and hopefully they will act quicker in getting Christina to a safe place.
HER MOTHER HAS HER PASSPORT AND TRAVELING DOCUMENTS!
CHRISTINA’S LIFE IS IN DANGER. PLEASE DO AS MUCH AS YOU CAN.
If you can help please contact @RainbowNoirMCR or @WritersofColour on twitter.
UK EMBASSY: 0871 050 5840
DETAILS OF THE EMBASSY IN CONGO ARE HEREhttps://www.gov.uk/government/world/organisations/british-embassy-kinshasa
Please re-tumblr this. This is an actual friend of ours and we need your help to get her home safe.
My boyfriend of 3 years started vomiting yesterday morning, and stumbling around the apartment. I asked his GP and neurologist what to do, in light of his abnormal MRI result, and they both told us, alarmingly panicky, to take him to the ER right away.
I dressed Blake, threw the stuff he needed in his bag, and drove him to the ER, where we learned 2 hours later that he would need to be transferred to the University of Toledo Medical Center to be evaluated by a Neurosurgeon because he has what is called an Arnold-Chiari Malformation, and hydrocephalus and edema on his brain.
Blake was admitted yesterday, and went into surgery today at 1:00, and we are waiting for him to come out of surgery right now, and while I’m trying to calm down about the love of my life having his brain under the knife, another thing has come to light - he will be out of work for over a month. Possibly up to 3 months. His insurance is running us around the mill about this surgery as well.
So I have decided to ask for help. Any and all donations will go to help his expenses (rent, gas for doctor visits(which are an 40 minutes to an hour and a half away), medical bills, things like that). Any help is much appreciated.